LOVE WINE GUILDFORD 2018 TERMS & CONDITIONS
RULES & CONDITIONS
In these rules and conditions the following words shall have the meaning set opposite same respectively:
Event LOVE WINE
Organisers Heather Dougherty
Venue Guildhall, Guildford
Exhibitor(s) Any person or company to whom space is allotted at his or their request and his or their employees or agents.
Exhibit Any article referred to in the application for space.
Stand The area allotted to an Exhibitor and stand erected thereon.
Hall The Hall and any area or other rooms in connection with the event.
Authorities Any body legally authorised for making and/or enforcing regulations.
Contractors Any person, firm or company employed by the Venue or Organisers for erection, fitting out or other work on any Stand in the Event, including persons/firms/companies for cleaning and maintenance services.
- The Event will be open to the public on Saturday 24th March 2018. Session 1: 1-4pm and Session 2: 5-8pm.
- Application for space must be made on the form provided by the Organisers and should contain full details of the proposed Exhibit(s). The Organisers reserve the right to accept or refuse any application without assigning any reason.
- You will be invoiced for the full contract value upon the Organisers acceptance of this reservation. Payment terms are as follows:
Early Bird payment by 30th September 2017
All payments to be made in full by 28th February 2018.
4. Non-payment will result in refusal of entry and the organiser shall be entitled to retain all payments made to date in accordance with clause 3.
5. On official acceptance by the Organisers of an application for space, a contract shall arise between the Organisers and the Exhibitor making the application on the terms of these conditions, and, as regards space allotted the relations of licensor and licensee shall immediately arise and continue between the Organisers and the Exhibitor. In the case of non-payment of any sum payable by the Exhibitor to the Organisers or of the breaching or non-observance by the Exhibitor of the terms of this contract or of any conditions, rules or regulations to be performed or observed by him, the Organisers shall have the right to revoke his licence and to re-enter upon the allotted space and may remove and exclude the Exhibitor and all other persons therefrom without prejudice to the right of the Organisers to recover all monies payable by the Exhibitor hereunder and all other claims against him and any damages sustained by the Organisers.
6. The Organisers shall not be liable to the Exhibitor or to any third party for any error in the allotment of space to any Exhibitor. In such case the Organisers will endeavour without prejudice to offer a substituted arrangement but they do not bind themselves to do so. In exceptional circumstances, the Organisers reserve the right to change the position allotted to any Exhibitor and no liability in regard thereto shall rest on the Organisers and such a change shall not at any time permit the Exhibitor to repudiate the contract.
7. The Organisers will be prepared only in exceptional circumstances to consider the reduction or modification as to size of space or the cancellation of their contract for space with Exhibitors and then only if the following conditions are complied with by the Exhibitor:
(a) that the request for cancellation or modification is submitted by registered post.
(b) that the reason given is in the Organisers’ sole opinion well-founded.
(c) that cancellation fees will be charged as follows:
if the Exhibitor cancels on or after 31st October 2017, but prior to 1st December 2017, the cancellation fee will be 25% of the full contract value.
If the Exhibitor cancels between 1st December 2017 and 31st December 2017 inclusive, the cancellation fee will be 50% of the full contract value.
If the Exhibitor cancels between 1st January 2018 and 31st January 2018 inclusive, the cancellation fee will be 75% of the full contract value.
If the Exhibitor cancels between 1st February 2018 and the Event, the cancellation fee will be 100% of the full contract value.
(d) that agreement by the Organisers to such requests shall not prejudice any other rights that they may have against Exhibitors under this provision in connection with the Event. The Exhibitor acknowledges that the cancellation fees referred to above represent a genuine pre-estimate of the loss which may be incurred by the Organisers as a result of cancellation and are not a penalty.
8. The organisers agree to supply the following items for exhibitors as part of their stand fee:
- Inclusion in Event tasting booklet
- Inclusion on Event website
- Function table with cloth
- Table-top spittoon
- Tub with ice for chilling wines
- Water, crackers, ice
9. The Organisers will advise Exhibitors in advance of the dates and times when exhibits and other properties can be received at the Hall. All goods must be brought in and taken out by the entrances and exits specified by the Organisers. All goods delivered to the Event must be accompanied by or received by a representative of the Exhibitor, and cases must be unpacked on arrival. All labour and cost for receiving, unpacking, placing in position and removal must be provided for by the Exhibitor but in default the Organisers may at the Exhibitor’s expense and risk do whatever they may consider necessary in the interests of the Event. Goods may not be delivered to nor removed from the Event during the hours it is open to visitors except with the written permission of the Organisers.
10. The Exhibitors shall take out and maintain public liability insurance against personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property for a limit of indemnity not less than £1,000,000 sterling (or its equivalent). The Organisers shall be entitled to inspect such public liability policy which the Exhibitor shall make available on request by the Organisers
11. Exhibitors agree to observe the same conditions of tenancy as are accepted by the Organisers in their agreement with the Venue and in particular to refrain from doing anything contrary to the licences of the Authorities or the fire insurance policies covering the Hall. An Exhibitor shall not cut or damage or otherwise damage floor or other parts of the walls or structure of the Hall nor shall any Stand interior fittings be attached to the roof, floor or other part of the Hall without the prior consent in writing of the Organisers. Any Exhibitor breaching this clause causing any damage to the Hall or to any person whomsoever must pay for the same and hold the Organisers indemnified against the same and must follow all instructions of the organisers and/or Venue.
12. No Exhibitor shall connect to or interfere with the electrical, gas, steam, water, or other fittings or utilities in the Hall without the prior consent of the Organisers and Venue, and any such consent will be subject in all respects to the rules and regulations of the competent Authorities as well as to the requirements of the Venue or Organisers or their Contractors at the expense of the Exhibitor.
13. Handbills and other printed matter may only be distributed from Exhibitors’ own Stands. Exhibitors must not paste or otherwise affix or exhibit advertisements upon any part of the Hall. No article may be photographed, drawn, copied or reproduced, without the consent in writing of the Organisers. The Event name, wordmark(s), logo(s) and associated graphic devices are the protected property of the Organisers and cannot be reproduced in any form, or for any purpose, without their written permission. The Organisers may remove printed material it feels is likely to cause offence/conflict/damage the reputation of the Organiser or any other Exhibitor.
14. In the event of any Exhibitor or his representatives or employees conducting or having conducted himself on the Event premises in such a manner as may be considered by the Organisers or any of their duly authorised officers to be objectionable or likely to cause obstruction he shall be expelled forthwith from the Hall and shall not be permitted to return during the remainder of the Event. If the Organisers consider an Exhibitor is conducting himself in a manner such as may make it probable that persons doing business with such Exhibitor may be dissatisfied or that discredit may be brought upon the Event, the Organisers may, by verbal notice to the Exhibitor, forthwith terminate his licence to occupy his Stand but without prejudice to any other rights or remedies which the Organisers may have against the Exhibitor and in particular, but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, shall be entitled to retain all monies paid by the Exhibitor and to receive all monies which may at the date of such termination remain unpaid and due to the Organisers.
15. Exhibitors shall take due and care attention to ensure the wine samples they offer to visitors do not exceed the recommended 50ml per pour per wine.
16. The Organiser and venue are both licensed to sell alcohol.
18. Each Exhibitor shall in all cases comply with all requirements of the fire insurance officers and other Authorities concerned with the Hall and its protection. The Exhibitor shall be responsible for ensuring that each attendant or employee on the Stand is acquainted with the position and use of fire extinguishers in the Hall and knows the position of the nearest fire alarm.
19. In no circumstances shall any Exhibitor have or permit on his Stand naked lights or oil lamps, explosives or articles of a dangerous, inflammable or objectionable nature, nor may temporary gas or electrical fittings be used in the Hall without written permission of the Organisers and the Venue and the authorised representative of either may remove any such article from the Hall.
20. No demonstration of Exhibits may take place of a nature likely to cause obstruction in the gangway or interference with the business of other Exhibitors. The Organisers reserve the right to stop any demonstration without incurring any liability for any loss sustained by the Exhibitor. No Exhibitor shall conduct a competition, or offer prizes, unless written permission has been obtained from the Organisers.
21. In the event of the postponement abandonment or restriction of the Event through the Hall in which the Event is to take place becoming wholly or partially unavailable for any reasons whatever or through any failure of any of the services or facilities usually afforded to Exhibitors due to flood, fire, strikes, disputes, lock outs, failure of light or power or any other circumstances beyond the control of the Organisers, the Exhibitor shall not have any claim against the Organisers for any liability or loss whether direct or indirect, and the Organiser shall be entitled to retain all monies paid by way of rent or otherwise, and to be paid all monies due under this contract and unpaid by the Exhibitor or such part as the Organisers in their absolute discretion shall consider reasonable. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, if by rearrangement or postponement of the period of the Event or by use of another Hall, or by any other means considered by the Organisers to be reasonable, the Event can in the opinion of the Organisers be carried through, this contract shall remain binding upon all parties except insofar as such rearrangement shall affect the size and position of the Stand and the final day on which the Event is to be held. The Organisers retain a lien on all goods in respect of unpaid accounts and reserve the right to prevent the removal of goods until a settlement be made and to store them at the Exhibitor’s risk and charge.
22. In the event of an Exhibitor or an intending Exhibitor becoming bankrupt bankruptcy or (being a company) going into liquidation (whether voluntary or compulsory, not being a member’s voluntary winding up for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction), or failing to observe and perform the obligations of the Exhibitor under these conditions of his contract for space including payment of instalments within fourteen days of the due date whether demanded or not the contract made with the Exhibitor may be terminated by the Organisers by notice in writing, and all the monies paid by the Exhibitor under such contract shall be forfeited without prejudice to the right of the Organisers to claim for breach of contract.
23. No Exhibitor shall assign, sub-let, underlet, grant any licence or in any way part with or divide any Stand allotted to him, nor shall any circulars, advertisements, photographs or other matter relating to any manufacturer or trader who is not an Exhibitor be displayed or distributed without the consent in writing of the Organisers.
24. The Organisers reserve the sole rights of compiling and issuing any catalogue or list of Exhibitors and exhibits. The Organisers reserve the sole rights of printing and issuing invitations and tickets of admission, and only such invitations and tickets will be valid for the Event. The Exhibitor grants the Organisers and any sub-contractors of the Organisers a licence to use the Exhibitors name, images and trade marks for the purpose or producing and publishing catalogues and lists.
25. The Organisers reserve the right to alter, add to or amend these conditions, or any of them, by notifying the Exhibitor in writing. The Organisers may, in writing, waive these conditions, or any of them, in any particular case, or cases, as they consider appropriate. No alteration, addition, amendment or waiver to or of these conditions shall operate to release any Exhibitor from his obligations set out herein.
26. Persons under the age of 18 years are not permitted to enter the Hall at any time.
27. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and both parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts at all times.